Friday 2 January 2015

Pen-Y-Ghent (and Hull Pot!)

Today's visit to Pen-Y-Ghent was part walk, part run. I've not done any running for a good few years in an effort to preserve my ancient knees. I really enjoyed myself, in-spite of the gale force winds. (Apologies for the shaky/blurred photo's) The feeling of moving quickly over rough terrain always feels great. I wasn't "letting it all hang out" by any means, I might do a bit more....

I walked/jogged up via Brackenbottom Farm and Scar, the sun kept trying to make an appearance.

I didn't linger long on the summit, it was blowing a real hoolie.

A nice jog down to the "crossroads" on Horton Moor, then a  short detour to have a look at Hull Pot. Always impressive, especially today with a decent volume of water cascading into the pot.

You can usually cross Hull Pot Beck dryshod, not today! I must make a note to explore this beck upstream at some point.

Once back at the "crossroads" I jogged on down Horton Lane into the wind..and a watery looking sun.

I paused part way down to take a last photo of Pen-Y-Ghent, still got that brooding look.
A great morning, and the old knees feel good as I write this post up!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful place and hikes planned there this year. Cannot wait to go back to the Dales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always lots to see in limestone country, and lots wild/birdlife & flora IMHO!
      And thats from a Lakes boy...born and bred!
      Enjoy your time there when you get back up there :-)

      Delete