Monday 1 May 2017

Bumps, Tops and Waterfalls Above Eskdale

Back on my own today, visiting an area I haven't walked on for over 15years!....and some of it almost 40 years...
I parked on Birker Fell and set off towards Great Worm Crag, the wind was blowing like hell and made the pathless terrain hard work....

The summit of Great Worm Crag, Green Crag, Harter Fell and the Scafells beyond

Green Crag, time for lunch and once more the Scafells form the backdrop

I followed the rocky disjointed ridge from Green Crag down to its terminus here on Kepple Crag

Then it was down the old peat road. This ruin just called out for a photo!

Down in the valley at Penny Hill Farm it was really warm. Harter Fell is in the background

I followed the bridleway on the South side of the River Esk as far as Stanley Gill. Then took the "tourist" path to see the Force...more water required really!
Then up onto the moor to pick up the old road (now designated a Restricted Byway!), which I followed back to the car.
A grand circuit.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, a good route that. Really windy out there wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly was, I find it wears me out quicker than anything else.

      Delete